- Update to Coat/Hat RacksI thought I should post an update since I have been spending a lot of time making drawer pulls and Coat/Hat Racks. I’ve made a few more that I wanted to share with you. The first two are 3D printed bases that are covered with polymer clay cane slices. I dipped them in polyurethane a couple of times added some gold leafing and dipped again about 4 more times. I love the depth that is created by the multiple coats of polyurethane. Each coat has to dry at least 2 hours, so this can take a lot of time. Of course most of that time is spent literally watching the paint (polyurethane) dry.
- No Smoking PlaqueMy brother asked me for a simple laminated cardboard “No Smoking” sign. Of course I had to go bigger (at least nicer) and decided to make a plaque. I used vinyl lettering on a glass backsplash tile I bought at Home Depot. The only snag was that he wants to hang it on the wall. Check out the hanger clips I designed to print on my 3D printer. They are the perfect solution!
- Covid-19 Visor Shield MaskHappy New Year all!!! I’m not unhappy to see 2020 in the rear view. What a crazy year it was! While many of the events of last year were some of the scariest I’ve experienced, it wasn’t all bad.
- Lit Address SignFor Christmas I made these lit up address signs for some of my neighbors. These have a definite “Wow!” factor when lit up. I really think my neighbors will like them.
- Convert Image to .SVGI get a lot of requests to convert a graphic of someone’s pet or family member into an SVG file so they can use it in a project. This tutorial will show you how to convert an image into a multi-layer SVG file.
- Handmade Gifts for MenFinding gifts for the men in our life can be difficult. Men never outgrow their love of their toys, they just get more expensive. Add to that the fact that if they find a new toy they want, many times they buy if for themselves. This list might help you make the perfect gift.
- Coat/Hat RackBeautiful coat/hat racks made with drawer pulls. These are easy to assemble and make great gifts! The hardest part of making these is distributing the drawer pulls evenly across the board. So I created a calculator to do the math for us: Span Calculator!
- Emoticon Paper ClipsEmoticon paper clips are really fun page markers. I use them to mark pages in cookbooks, but of course their use is limited only by your imagination. This project is a great way to introduce you to polymer clays.
- Multi-Use Storage SolutionI love storage ideas that perform double duty. So when I saw this idea at Pillarboxblue.com I got very excited. How many functions can this little crate serve?
- Lacquer BoxesI have always loved the look of lacquer boxes. They have so much depth and the colors are so vibrant. Lacquer was first used by the Chinese, dating as far back as the late Neolithic period (3rd millennium BCE) and though the materials used are easier to obtain, the process has changed very little. Learn how to make your own.
- Wire Wrapped Cabochon BraceletI really enjoy using wire to make jewelry and I especially like wrapping cabochons. In this post we are going to learn 3 different techniques for wrapping a cabochon with wire.
- Wire WrappingThis tutorial will teach you how to make a beautiful set of earrings and a pendant. Wire work is one of my favorite ways to make jewelry. It can be incredibly ornate or elegantly simple. Many times what looks very difficult and seems like it would take a lot of time and skill to make, can actually be very easy and quick if you follow the steps.
- More Masks!Since it’s become apparent that masks are now a necessary part of our lives for the foreseeable future, I felt like I needed to bling them up. I’m of the mind that rhinestones (much like glitter) makes anything pretty so I’ve been playing around with rhinestones and shiny buttons on masks.
- Faux Fur Winter AccessoriesI love winter. I love the crisp weather and the cool temperatures. Today we are going to make several accessories: a fur ladder scarf, fur edged gloves, fur ear muffs,and a fur edged toboggan. Everything a girl needs to stay warm. And because of Covid 19, we are going to make a fur mask to match.
- Creality Ender 3 3D PrinterThe Creality web site store is having an end of summer sale. They have this 3D printer, the same 3D printer I own and love, for just $167 total! Free shipping and no tax. That’s an amazing price. Click the link above to find out how to save even more!
- Interactive Photo AlbumThis week I am creating a tutorial to make an interactive photo album scrapbook. There is a place for everything: pictures, journaling, stickers, ticket stubs and programs, or whatever it is that helps to turn your memories into a fun and unique story. I’ve made a few of these and they never fail to hold the attention of the reader. It makes a beautiful gift for friends and loved ones and is so much more […]
- Jewelry OrganizersWhat woman doesn’t like some kind of jewelry? Be it an engagement or wedding ring, or a necklace you received for a special occasion, jewelry can be a special memory. It can also make or break an outfit, dress up daytime work attire for a night on the town or just make you feel confident. I have a lot of costume jewelry, some that I’ve made, some not, but I love it all and always […]
- CrochetI’ve been crocheting since i was a teenager. I’m no expert, but I’ve gotten pretty good over the years. I enjoy making amigurumi (animals and inanimate objects) for my grandchildren and blankets for friends and family. If you don’t already know how to crochet a great site to get you started is https://www.mybluprint.com/article/new-to-crochet-heres-how-to-crush-it. They teach you step by step with lots of pictures to compare your work to so you know you are doing it correctly. […]
- Masks and ChildrenWhen my children were small, I remember how difficult it was to get them to wear a hat in the sun. I’m sure it’s no easier to get young children to wear a mask. In Texas it’s actually required by a state mandate for anyone over 2 years of age. I think that, even if it weren’t required by law, I would want my child to be protected from contracting Covid-19 and to protect those […]
- Pop Up & Interactive CardsJust about everyone loves to get cards. We get them at the most important times of our life. Birthdays, weddings, new home, anniversaries, sympathy, get well, thank you, announcements, invitations and so many more. I like the ones that have cash or gift cards, but I really love the interactive and 3D pop up cards the best. Pop up cards have become very popular, but they can be very expensive. I have seen them sell […]
I’m Kathi Pruitt and I have been crafting most of my life. I’m no expert on any one craft, but I am very good at many.
My favorite craft is pop up and interactive cards and I have made over a hundred for friends and loved ones. I use a Cricut Expression cutting machine, which saves me lots of time and supplies.
This is definitely a work in progress.
I will be adding new content daily. By sharing my own creations and featuring others, I hope to inform and inspire other crafters and makers.
Check back every week for contests, life hacks, tutorials and free svg files and graphics for you to use royalty free in your projects.
If you ever see a project that you would like to see a tutorial teaching you how to make it, leave me a comment. I will post it quickly.
If I use someone else’s ideas I will always give credit to those people. I have no affiliation with any company so my opinions are my own. I make no money off of this blog.